Senior Theses/Independent Studies
Senior Theses (formerly "Independent Studies") are kept as part of the Archives at Hanover College and are shared with internal and external patrons of the Duggan Library; including through interlibrary loan to requesting institutions, according to US Code, Title 17.
As a graduation requirement for students enrolled in a Senior Thesis, it is the student's responsibility to file, preferably electronically, a copy with any accompanying media of his or her Senior Thesis to the Library. Students should submit their Senior Thesis to the Library electronically as a single file Word or PDF document (ISO 19005-1compliant (PDF/A). To do this, an interface has been created in My Hanover: https://my.hanover.edu/ics/academic/registrar_student/senior_thesis_upload/
1. Login to My Hanover
2. Under the Academic tab click on the Senior Thesis Upload link
3. Read the copyright disclaimer, initial, enter the title of your thesis, and the name of your adviser
4. Browse and attach the file
5. Click on the Submit to library button
If you have a mixed-media project or need assistance completing the submission process, please contact Michael Ellis at: email@example.com to schedule a time to meet with him.
The Senior Thesis should have a title page. The title page should include:
- the title of the thesis
- the student's name
- the department
- the name of the thesis advisor
- the term and year the thesis was completed
The Registrar will not release a diploma until a copy of the Senior Thesis is filed at the Library.